A dimensioning module for basic steel elements according to the standard: PN-EN 1993-1-1 Eurocode 3: June 2006. The program verifies the load carrying capacity for the following bar cross-section types:
- rolled I-sections,
- halves of rolled I-sections,
- rolled T-sections,
- rolled C-sections,
- rolled equal and unequal leg angles,
- rolled rectangular, square and circular pipes,
- any welded mono-symmetric I-sections,
- any welded mono-symmetric T-sections,
- welded box sections (mono-symmetric),
- cold-formed rectangular, square and circular pipes.
According to the rules contained in the PN-EN 1993-1-1 standard, the dimensioning program verifies the load-carrying capacity of element cross-sections, taking into account the local stability of a cross-section only and allowing for the global stability of an element.
As part of the verification of the load-bearing capacity of a cross-section, the following is specified:
- the tensile load-bearing capacity,
- the compression load-bearing capacity,
- the bending load-bearing capacity,
- the shearing load-bearing capacity,
- the bending and shearing load-bearing capacity,
- the bending load-bearing capacity with longitudinal force,
- the bending and shearing load-bearing capacity with longitudinal force.
When the global stability of an element is verified, the following is defined:
- the buckling load-bearing capacity for compressed elements,
- the lateral buckling load-bearing capacity for bent elements,
- the interactive load-bearing capacity of bent and compressed elements.