The system of strength analysis APM FEM for KOMPAS-3D
APM FEM is a strength analysis system designed to work in the interface of the Russian CAD system KOMPAS-3D.
The main goal of the system is to enable the designer, at the initial stages of design, to make correct and reasonable design decisions using the built 3D models. This undoubtedly improves the quality and saves time spent on product development, and therefore makes it competitive!
Typical objects for calculation are small in terms of the overall dimensions and wall thickness of the part and assembly: thrust, lugs, stops, brackets, angles, levers, body parts, support elements, etc. For such parts and assemblies, it is important to QUICKLY evaluate the strength of the elements with possible optimization of the structure using the associative connection of the geometric and computational models.
The main steps in the calculation:
- Preparation of 3D-models for the calculation of strength (simplified geometry);
- Analysis and setting of boundary conditions (loading, fixing);
- Automatic generation of the finite element mesh on a 3D model;
- Selecting the required type of calculation and setting its parameters;
- Carrying out the calculation;
- View the results and analyze the values of the main design characteristics (voltages, safety factors, displacements, etc.);
- Conducting a modification of the model according to the results of the calculations (change of the geometry / material);
- Repeated computational analysis to confirm the performance of the product.
The product APM FEM is registered in the Register of Russian computer programs and databases .
In addition to the basic features, additional functionalities (options) are available for the product :
- Calculation of surface models (shells)
The option allows the calculation of surface models created in KOMPAS-3D. When this mesh is used finite element plates
- Topological optimization
The option allows to carry out a design calculation to determine the optimal distribution of the material to improve the mass-stiffness characteristics of the product
- all the time increases the complexity of modern technical solutions;
- there is a need for optimizing the design for weight and size and other parameters to improve the competitiveness of the product;
- the design is carried out in the shortest possible time;
- often there is no possibility of costly full-scale testing of products.
The purpose of the appearance of the built-in analysis of strength
To enable the designer at the early stages of the design to make the right and informed design decisions using the built 3D-model. This undoubtedly improves the quality and saves time spent on product development, and thus making it competitive!
- Set the boundary conditions (fixing and external loads).
- Automatically generate a finite element mesh on a 3D model (with both constant and variable partitioning steps required for models with complex geometric transitions).
- Select the desired type of calculation and perform it.
- Visualize different types of results for further analysis and preparation of a text report.
- Static calculation.
- Calculation of sustainability.
- Calculation of natural frequencies (resonance) and vibration modes.
- Topological optimization.
- Calculation of the stationary heat conduction problem.
- The calculation of the problem of thermoelasticity (with the joint implementation of static and thermal calculations).
- Single core and interface KOMPAS-3D.
- The KOMPAS-3D interface provides the user with simplicity and ease of operation for both the geometric and the calculated model.
- The system works directly with the geometric model KOMPAS-3D, without using third-party formats, which reduces the likelihood of errors.
- Integration with full-featured CAE APM WinMachine system .
- Technical support and qualified assistance on all issues from the Russian developer company.