What is the EuroStal program?EuroStal is a module of the ArCADia-RAMA system dimensioning the basic steel elements according to the PN-EN 1993-1-1 Eurocode 3: June 2006 standard .
The program checks the load capacity for the following types of bar cross-sections:
- rolled I sections,
- rolled I-sections,
- rolled tees,
- rolled channel sections,
- isosceles and non-isosceles rolled angles,
- rolled rectangular, square and round tubes,
- any monosymmetric welded I-sections,
- any monosymmetric welded tees,
- welded box sections (monosymmetric),
- cold-formed rectangular, square and round pipes
In accordance with the rules contained in the PN-EN 1993-1-1 standard, the dimensioning program checks separately the load capacity of individual cross-sections of the element, taking into account only the local stability of the cross-section and again taking into account the global stability of the element.
As part of checking the cross-sectional load capacity, the following are determined:
- Tensile load capacity
- Compressive load capacity
- Flexural strength
- Shear load capacity
- Shear bending resistance
- Bending load with longitudinal force
- Bending strength with shear and longitudinal force
When checking the global stability of an element, the following are determined:
- Buckling resistance of compressed elements
- Resistance to dislocation of bent elements
- Interactive bearing capacity of bent and compressed elements
What is InterStal?InterStal is the ArCADia-RAMA module for the dimensioning of steel members and spatial steel structures according to the PN-90 / B03200 standard in a bi-directional state of stress, bypassing the torsional moment.
Types of dimensioned profiles:
- rolled - I-section, I-section, T-profile, C-profile, isosceles and non-isosceles angles, rectangular, square and round tubes,
- welded - any unbalanced I-beam, any T-section, box,
- cold formed - rectangular, square and round pipe.
Profile types calculated in the supercritical state:
- rolled - I-section, rectangular and square tube,
- welded - any I-beam, box,
- cold bent - rectangular and square pipe.
The module has two ways of dimensioning:
- single selected system bar,
- an element composed of several interconnected, collinear bars with the same cross-section, which during dimensioning is treated as a single bar.
Dimensioning is carried out on the basis of all envelopes of internal forces (normal force, cutting forces, bending moments except for the envelope of torsional moments), as well as on the basis of elastic envelopes of normal stresses (the option is especially important for column type elements).
The member or element is dimensioned based on user-defined dimensioning parameters saved in the predefined element type definitions. The user can define any number of element types for dimensioning in the program, and once the definition of parameter settings for dimensioning has been made, it can be used in all projects by assigning the correct type of element to the dimensioned bar.
- Possibility of dimensioning an element composed of many rods for which the angle between two consecutive is less than 5 degrees (eliminating checking the angle between the first and last rod in the element).
- Introducing the ability to move and collapse into the dimension dialog bar.
- Introduction of dimensioning in a given point for the envelope selected by the user. (for the point selected by the user an additional combo appears with the choice of all or a specific envelope from 14 available).
- Introduction of the option to delete a user-defined dimensioning point.
- Deriving the default value of ultimate slenderness for compression to the element type as an editable parameter.
- Enter max deflection check (deflection envelope) with a permissible value.
- Correction of the substitution of the initial values Wxc and Wxt as Wx for symmetrical I-beams calculated in the supercritical state.
- Correction of displaying alpha pv coefficient in bending dimensioning reports.
- Correction of selection of different envelopes for dimensioning with the same point of a complex element (for the place of joining bars).
- Adding header and footer in the dimension report (similarly to the statics report).