MECHANICAL PRODUCTS » APM FEM
The purpose of the appearance of the built-in analysis of strength
To enable the designer at the early stages of the design to make the right and informed design decisions using the built 3D-model. This undoubtedly improves the quality and saves time spent on product development, and thus making it competitive!
Typical objects strength analysis
Small size parts and assemblies: traction lugs, stops, brackets, angles, arms, body parts, support members, etc. For such parts and assemblies it is important to quickly assess the strength of the elements of a possible design optimization using an association of geometric and computational models.
- Preparation of 3D-models for holding strength calculation (simplified geometry);
- Analysis and assignment of boundary conditions (loading, consolidation);
- Automatic generation of finite element mesh in the 3D-model;
- Select the desired type of calculation and adjustment of its parameters;
- View of the results and analysis of the values of the basic design characteristics (voltage, safety factors, movements, etc.);
- Carrying out modification of the model based on the results of the calculations (geometry / material);
- Re carrying out computational analysis to confirm product availability.
When APM FEM system may work directly in KOMPAS-3D work window
- Set the boundary conditions (fixed and external loads);
- Automatically impose a finite element mesh in the 3D-model (as a constant and a variable partitioning step required for models with complex geometric transitions);
- Select the type of calculation and execute it;
- Visualize the results for further analysis and preparation of settlement and explanatory notes.
Advantages of APM FEM
CONTACT - email@example.com